Dr. Karen Mercer, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology / Founder
Dr. Karen Mercer founded Southwest Hearing Services in 1990 after returning to Colorado following a year at the National Audiology Centre in Auckland, New Zealand. She obtained her Doctorate Degree in Audiology from AT Still University/Arizona School of Health Sciences. She has a Master of Arts Degree in Audiology from The University of Northern Colorado. She has more than 25 years experience with all types of hearing loss and Hearing Technology Solutions.
- Doctorate Degree in Audiology: AT Still University/Arizona School of Health Sciences
- Master of Arts Degree in Audiology: University of Northern Colorado
- Board Certified in Audiology: American Board of Audiology
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology
- Fellow, Academy of Doctors of Audiology
- Member, Colorado Academy of Audiology
Karen originally hails from the tiny state of Delaware. When she is not practicing Audiology, Karen enjoys traveling, spending time with her teenage daughter and playing music with her all-girl band Gotta Be Girls. They released their first CD ’56 CHEVY in April 2010.
Dr. Kyrsten Rezac, Au.D.
Doctor of Audiology
Dr. Kyrsten Rezac came to Southwest Hearing Services in 2016 after completing her residency at a private practice in Boulder. She earned her doctorate degree in audiology from at Wichita State University, where she also obtained her B.A. in communication services and disorders.
She instantly found interest in audiology after shadowing a family friend. She loved watching her friend improve the lives of others through better hearing, and it’s still her favorite thing about the profession today. Problem solving, ever-evolving technology, and working with people led her to pursue audiology as her life’s work.
- Doctorate degree in audiology: Wichita State University
- B.A. in communication services and disorders: Wichita State University
- Audiology technician: Mid-Kansas Ear, Nose & Throat in Wichita
- Audiology extern: Visa Christi Rehab Hospital in Wichita
- Audiology extern: VA in Topeka
- Audiology resident at Hearing HealthCare Centers in Boulder
Her active lifestyle drew her to Colorado. Her hobbies include swimming, biking, running, hiking, and skiing, so of course she jumped at the opportunity to complete her residency here.
Learn more about our AudigyCertified practice.